Labels

Thursday 25 April 2013

Chaos Dwarfs part 1: Accolytes of Hashut

After falling out of love with the hobby for a number of years due to work children and generally boredom with painting the same old GW stuff  it was the Chaos Dwarfs that brought me back! I'd had a number of the old Big Hat dwarfs from way back and decided to start my own army after seeing a fan list called the Dwarfs of Chaos online somewhere. My love for the evil Dwarfs was rekindled and was further inspired by finding and joining Chaos Dwarfs Online. This was 2 years ago...pre-Forgewrld releases so I had to create all my own models! This however was the joy of collecting Chaos Dwarfs! For the first time I tried my hand at converting models ans sculpting and using GreenStuff. My main inspirations came from a member of CDO called Tjub whose style I loved particuarly his use of pushpins to create the trademark Chaos Dwarf Big Hats, an idea I shamelessly copied!

Secondly Thomas Heasman-Hunt's amazing work :
Warhammer:Chaos Dwarfs This is simply outstanding and in my opinion as good if not better than the real thing which I guess exactly what Thommy was aiming for!


Since Forgeworld decided to make some Chaos Dwarfs I must admit that despite purchasing a few, It's not what Chaos Dwarfs are about for me! Personally my love of the evil stunties comes from the love and creativity of people like Tjub and Thommy and the uniqueness of creating your own army from scratch!

Therefore my Chaos Dwarfs are made from various bits of kits and copious amounts of green stuff and a lot of love
Anyway enough of my ramblings here are some pics!....

My Acolytes of Hashut:

user posted image

Basically these are my apprentice Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers who have the honour of carrying the petrified body of a Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer around after he has succumbed to the Sorcerer's curse and been turned to stone! Tried to paint him with a marble effect.

Also accompanying this unit on the left is a Chaos Dwarf Despot (hero) and a Fire Sorcerer (who was actually one of my first ever Chaos Dwarf attempts!) on the right....

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

No comments:

Post a Comment